Why is it necessary to have airport security services?
- Various plane hijackings in the 1960s and 1970s prompted the establishment of screening, ticketing, and scrutinising procedures that were followed until the early 2000s.
- But everything changed for the better following the 9/11 tragedy. Additionally, for authorities who had grown concerned with Airport Security Services, it was like reading the writing on the wall.
- Like how drug trafficking increased when smugglers started using aeroplanes. Pablo Escobar and other drug lords used the air to transport their drugs. So the aviation industry suffered as a result of this. It also disrupted the economies and social order of nations where drug trafficking was rife.
- Airport security has been trained to distinguish between various goods that are illegally transported across borders on planes besides drugs.
- Gold, stolen antiques, and, in some cases, exotic animals have all been tried to be transported in hand luggage. But airport security has been successful in ending these practices.
- Airport security keeps travellers safe inside the airport as the frequency of mass shootings rises.
- Without airport security, the airport would be open to guerrilla and criminal attacks.
How can Champion Security Agency assist?
The provision of ongoing surveillance of airport facility structures and the surrounding grounds is one of the most important responsibilities of airport security guards. Security officers at airports are required to keep an eye out for any suspicious activity that could endanger passengers at the airport or on the plane. Airport security officers also move around the airport’s grounds on foot, in vehicles chosen for their safety, and by watching security cameras.
Airport security officers use X-ray machines and other electronic tools to examine airline passengers’ clothing and luggage. In order to prevent the passage of any potentially hazardous or explosive materials onto the aircraft, security screeners inspect luggage. Additionally, they check for weapons like guns and daggers that a bomber could use to hijack a plane and hold the crew and passengers hostage. As a result, they observe how passengers behave to make sure they aren’t intoxicated or otherwise uncontrollable enough to delay a flight.
Airport security officers rarely have to enforce laws using more drastic measures. Additionally, depending on the wrongdoing, passengers who are unruly or act in an untrustworthy manner may be detained for questioning or even arrested. As a result, unruly travellers may be asked to leave the airport or escorted out by an airport security officer. So by enforcing rules regarding flight boarding and appropriate behaviour, airport security personnel maintain peace and ensure passenger security.
In a similar manner, airport security officers are responsible for directing passengers who have boarded an aircraft to the correct restrooms and parking spaces. In addition, airline staff may be required to provide security guards with a list of all passengers who may be causing trouble at the airport. Airport security personnel will then speak to them clearly to ensure that there are no misunderstandings.
Although employees at airport security checkpoints perform a variety of tasks, they are all focused on preventing potential security threats or criminal elements from boarding an aircraft.